The World Health Organization (WHO) has confirmed the second Ebola diagnosis in Guinea.
The agency said on Friday that the man had tested positive for the virus, but that it was too early to make any further comment.
WHO has issued a travel alert for the capital Conakry and three other neighbouring states, as well as in the neighbouring countries of Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast and Senegal.
Guinea has been battling Ebola for more than five months, and more than 700,000 people have died.
More than 8,000 suspected Ebola cases have been reported across Guinea.
The outbreak has claimed the lives of at least 4,974 people, including 1,928 from Sierra Leone, Sierra Leone’s President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and a number of health workers in Liberia, Sierra League President David Olukolade said.
A second Ebola case in Guinea was confirmed on Thursday.
It is the first confirmed Ebola diagnosis by WHO in Guinea, which is battling an outbreak of the virus in a remote part of the country.
The WHO said the patient had tested negative for the disease in late September.
This is the third confirmed Ebola case reported in Guinea in less than a week, and the first in a western country.
“We are very concerned by the news of the second diagnosis in Conakray, which was the second of four reported cases in Guinea by the same individual,” WHO Director-General Margaret Chan said in a statement on Friday.
She said the first case was confirmed in October.
Last month, a man with suspected Ebola had tested 100% negative for Ebola.